Having recently undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment, Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland's premier central city 5 star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalized hospitality.
The 286 guest rooms and suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our 10th floor pool and gymnasium facilities have unrivalled views of the harbor and city and is a one of a kind facility within Auckland city.
As part of the Executive team and reporting directly to the General Manager you will be responsible for providing integral management assistance whilst overseeing all finance, accounting and administration functions on a day to day basis.
You will be required to lead a Finance Team as well as the department heads to ensure our company meets its financial benchmarks.
You will act as a strategic business partner to ensure the highest standards of financial management is achieved and assist the management team to manage the hotel to its highest standards and optimum financial return.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Initiate and maintain effective control procedures to ensure all assets, liabilities, income and expenses are accurately recorded
- Preparation, review and analysis of daily, weekly and end of period management reports
- Compile and analyse financial information
- Analyse and control expenditures of all departments to ensure compliance to budgetary requirements
- Collaborate with each department head on the financial performance of their outlets
- Completion of budgets and forecasts
- Mentor and motivate Finance Team members
- Ensure a continuous training program for all Finance staff
To successfully fill this role:
You will likely possess extensive working knowledge of accounting procedures, with at least 3 years leading a Finance Team in a hospitality environment.
You will hold a tertiary qualification and ideally be CPA / CA qualified. The role will require an exceptional level of communication, organisation and attention to detail, along with problem solving abilities.
This role will require excellent written and spoken English. A superior level of leadership, dedication to staff development along with an understanding of the needs and desires of customer service are essential.
You must have:
- Experience with Opera (Hotel Property Management System) SunSystems and MYOB accounting systems
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proven understanding of hotel operations
- CA / CPA qualified essential with a minimum of 10 years experience
- Previous experience in the same or similar role essential.
If this sounds like you then click 'Apply' because we would love to hear from you!