Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland's premier central city 5-star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalised hospitality.
The 286 Guest Rooms and Suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our 10th floor Pool and Gym facilities have unrivalled views of the harbour and city and is a one of a kind facility within Auckland city.
As Events Coordinator, you will report directly to the Conference and Event Manager. The Events Coordinator will interact frequently with clients and guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat business as well as to expand an existing business.
Qualifications/experience required to successfully fulfil this role:
- Previous experience in an Event Coordinator capacity in a 5-star luxury hotel or similar size
- Proven experience in various conference and event types
- Experience in using Delphi and Opera Computer Systems is preferable
- Sales and negotiation experience in local market from prospecting to event contracting stage
- Experience in facilitating site inspections and client entertaining
- Conference and Event operational experience is an advantage
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- Goal orientated in order to reach set KPI's
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment with developed communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to up-sell and cross-sell hotel food and beverage options within banqueting department, along with the hotel facilities
- Demonstrated previous experience in a C&E function in the luxury hotel/ leisure sector
- Excellent organisational & planning skills
Applicants for this role must legally be able to work in New Zealand. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.