Having recently undergone a multi-million-dollar refurbishment, Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland’s premiere central city 5-star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalised hospitality. The 286 Guest Rooms and Suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our 10th floor Pool and Gym facilities have unrivalled views of the harbour and city and is a one of a kind facility within Auckland city.
Coming from a Hospitality background and with some cooking experience we are looking for a Cook to assist in the day to day running of our Staff Cafeteria
This position is hands-on requiring you to prepare and cook meals for residents, work within a dedicated team of staff and take ownership of stock control, quality of meals and cleanliness of the kitchen. You will be required to work closely with the Banquets kitchen team
- Cooking nutritious Homestyle meals: two meals a day – Lunch and Dinner which includes 2 choices hot and salad bar
- Special diets and diet requirements including allergies/intolerances,
- Supervising and overseeing kitchen & food service on the weekend
- Monitoring and promoting kitchen hygiene and HACCP
- All aspects of kitchen operations including washing dishes and cleaning kitchen
- Menu design for 7-day roster
- Trade qualified Chef or experienced cook
- Previous experience in a similar position within Hospitality, Aged Care, Health or Hospitals preferred
- Strong H&S awareness
- Ability to work solo and commit to working across a 7-day roster
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role working in a fast-paced environment. You will be a well presented and self-motivated individual who has excellent organisational and communication skills.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you must hold a valid work visa for at least 12 months or Permanent Residency.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview purposes.