Senior Sous Chef-Banquets
Having recently undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment, Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland’s premiere central city 5 star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalised hospitality. The 286 Guest Rooms and Suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our 10th floor Pool and Gym facilities have unrivalled views of the harbour and city and is a one of a kind facility within Auckland city.
Coming from a Hotel background with experience in a Sous Chef role, you will assist in the day to day running and reporting on the state of the business of our high volume kitchen operations. Working closely with the Kitchen team, you will be tasked with sharing your passion and knowledge to other chefs whilst exceeding guest expectations on a daily basis. Together with the Kitchen team, you will ensure exceptional service is delivered to guests through the coordination of all Food and Beverage outlets within the hotel. Ultimately you will be a capable strong leader, with experience in a 5 star hotel environment.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The efficient day to day operations of our Banquet Kitchens.
- Creating and implementing menus, processes and change management.
- Managing and leading the kitchen team.
- Evaluating kitchen systems and procedures on a regular basis to ensure ultimate guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring the kitchen operates within Legislative requirements.
- Training and development of kitchen brigade.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years experience at a Sous Chef level within a 5 star hotel environment.
- Proven experience in Banquets Operations.
- Strong functional knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety Plan is vital.
- Proven process improvements and innovations.
- Entry level literacy in Microsoft Office
- Strong time management, mentoring/coaching, problem resolution.
- Excellent communication and training skills
- Driven and ambitious
- Exceptional personal grooming standards
- Ability to work a 7 day working roster including public holidays
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you must hold a valid work visa for atleast 12 months or Permanent Residency.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position however only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview purposes.