Human Resources Coordinator / Advisor
- Great opportunity for a Human Resources generalist looking for a new challenge
- 5 Star luxury hotel in central city location
- Fast paced & exciting environment
Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland's premiere central city 5 star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalised hospitality.
The 286 Guest Rooms and Suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our pool and gym facilities have unrivalled views of the harbour and city and is a one of a kind facility within Auckland city.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Human Resources Coordinator to grow in your career and contribute to a much-loved values-based organisation. Reporting to the HR Manager this role will allow you to work autonomously and plays a critical part in a small and supportive HR team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic HR generalist who enjoys variety and providing expert advice and support to the leadership team staff and wider employee group across all aspects of HR. You will generally be the first point of contact for all HR queries and will be responsible for providing HR services including recruitment, selection and orientation, performance management, employment relations, training and development, disciplinary processes, exit procedures and health and wellness activities and payroll.
This is a true generalist role where no two days are the same so we are looking for a person who has:
- Supporting the hotels team of 200 employees
- Coaching and supporting managers in developing high performing teams, building talent bench, and driving team engagement. Facilitating the performance management program to ensure effectiveness and alignment with individual performance
- Conducting HR trend analysis and analyse data to identify opportunities on which to build solutions
- Working with the business to support smooth delivery of operations on all people matters
- Liaise with staff and unions to ensure correct interpretation and adherence to all relevant agreements
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Human Resources or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years' experience as an HR practitioner
- Current and sound knowledge of NZ employment legislation
- The ability to manage a high workload, be organised, prioritise and deliver on deadlines
- Managing Workplace Health and Safety to ensure adherence to current Health and Safety legislation
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Providing employee relations advice to staff at all levels of the organisation
- Co-ordinate negotiation of the Collective Employment Agreement
- Experience or exposure to a unionised environment with complex agreements would be advantageous but not essential
- Employment contracts and Immigration administration
- Payroll preparation and auditing
- Experience in a similar role preferably from a hotel background advantageous
- Streamlining policies and procedures to develop efficiencies
- Passion for HR and commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Ad-hoc reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Administrative support for all aspects of HR
- Impeccable personal presentation and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Be proactive, have integrity and a sense of humour
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job. If this sounds like you then click ‘Apply’ because we would like to hear from you!