Human Resources Manager
Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland's premiere central city 5-star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalised hospitality.
The 286 Guest Rooms and Suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our 10th floor Pool and Gym facilities have unrivalled views of the harbour and city and is a one of a kind facility in Auckland.
As part of the Executive team and reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for all functions of the HR department including Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Employee & Industrial relations, Occupational Health and Safety, Performance Management and Payroll.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing HR leadership, advice and support to the hotelof 175 employees
- Leading all workforce planning and human capital initiatives
- Managingthe full employee relations cycle to ensure a highly engaged workforce and a high performance culture
- Ensuring the appropriate training is provided when required to all levels of the organisation
- Actively promoting a health and safety culture, and managingOccupational Health and Safety to ensure compliance to current Health and Safety legislation
- Managing all matters relating to industrial relations, such as negotiation of the Collective Employment Agreement
- Partnering with the corporate head office and the wider HR community in developing and rolling out Group-wide programs
Stamford Plaza Auckland islooking for a person with the following attributes:
- A holder of tertiary qualifications with at least 8years’ experience in a similar capacity, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Current knowledge of NZ employment legislation and good understanding of hospitality/HR trends
- Ability to effectivelymanage relationships and expectations from internal and external stakeholders, including unionsand corporate head office
- Track record in driving and supporting organization changes
- A self-starter who isresults focused, holds a high level of professionalism and has a sense of humor
If this sounds like you and you are seeking a long-term career with a progressive and forward thinking hotel chain please forward your CV now. You must be a permanent resident of New Zealand or possess a work permit valid for at least 12 months.